In January 2020 we consulted on the initial plans
Since then the project team have listened carefully to all the feedback received from members of the public and have made several key changes. These include:
• Reduction in the number of homes from 66 to 47.
• Significant changes to the design. Before the proposals were for a single building fronting Station Road and the A206, with the tallest element at six storeys nearest to the roundabout. Now the proposals are for three smaller buildings, all between three and four storeys in height.
• The previous proposal at its tallest was six storeys, now the maximum height of any building on site will be four storeys.
• The parking spaces have been moved away from the boundary with Woodland Way. There are now two sets of parking spaces, one as you enter the site from the west side of Station Road, the other as you enter Station Road from the east side. The set of parking spaces on the east side are on either side of two apartment buildings, rather than running along the boundary with Woodland Way. There is now a communal garden adjacent to properties on Woodland Way in the place of the parking spaces.
• More trees have been planted along the boundary with Woodland Way.
• Removal of the retaining wall at the back of the development and boundary with Woodland Way.
• The new buildings have been designed specifically to address privacy and overlooking feedback received. Balconies will not overlook properties on Woodland Way and window to window distances between neighbouring properties and the new development have been increased up to 30 metres.
We've kept the exhibition banners from last year's exhibition for you to view. Click here to see the banners
Next tile: Design